Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an Advanced Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for leading supplier quality monitoring and improving activities in responsible area, supporting Supplier Quality Engineering(SQE) /Sourcing Engineering (SE) to reach ABB business targets for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Shanghai, China.
Reporting to the Head of Global Supplier Manager, you will be the “First quality gate\" of supplier quality performance and the leader for supplier SQP (Superior Quality Products), APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) and approval mass production sample.
- Performing annual audit to key suppliers and following up with corrective actions
- Involving in new supplier selection, responsible for SQP , perform SQQ (Standard Quality Quotation), sustainability audits and follow up corrective actions of SQQ from all new potential suppliers
- Leading APQP (Advanced Product Quality Procedure) at supplier side to implement preventative quality assurance method
- Leading quality issues resolution during developing and follow up corrective action, maintaining and updating the open issue list
- Ensuring effective communication of technical issues to suppliers and internal customers
- Developing and implementing of new regional supply chains identified by commodity strategies and new product development / provision
- Providing quality training to suppliers
- Maintaining the monthly reports and data in system
- 8+ years working experience and abundant knowledge in motor, plastics, sheet metal mechanical manufacturing or development
- Sound knowledge and experiences in quality system management, like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, knowledge of TS16949 is preferred and QC tools such as PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, FMEA
- Knowledge of lean manufacture, 6 Sigma is preferred and solid supplier audit knowledge and relevant experiences
- A bachelor’s or above degree in mechanical engineering
- Proficiency in oral & written English skills
- Must have good program management skills, has successful project experience in supplier quality development during new projects
- “Can do” attitude and result orientation, problem solving and proactive, willing to travel frequently
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. /robotics
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance